What you can find in this article are the most common problems that you can find in your experience with Craftsman air compressors. So let’s take a look if you are interested.
Have a Craftsman air compressor and it has just malfunctioned? What you can find below is a list of common Craftsman air compressor problems, some common causes and recommended actions. This might not include every problem you face while using the air compressor, but these are just among the most common ones. So let’s take a look:
- The first Craftsman air compressor problems are that you cannot get the device to start. That might result from the following situations:
- The air compressor is not connected to any electrical power.
- The oil level is low.
- The pressure switch is faulty.
- The pressure in the tank is below the cut-in pressure
What you should do is check each piece of equipment associated with those situations, readjust it, or replace it if you need to.
- Here is the second problem. Your air compressor was operating the last time you used it. But now there is an unbearable noise during its operation. Here are some reasons for that:
- The noise is from loose accessories like clamps, flywheel, belt, pulley, etc. All you need to do is find the one that is making the noise and tighten it.
- The compressor floor is loose. If so, you are supposed to take a look and tighten the bolts on the air compressor or replace the vibration pads
- The piston hits the valve plate. You will have to take the compressor cylinder head off and check whether or not there is any object on top of the piston. Then, just add a new gasket and reassemble everything.
- Thirdly, there is milky oil in the oil reservoir because the air compressor was operating in highly humid environment and water entered the oil reservoir. There are several ways to settle this:
- Move the air compressor to a place where the air is less humid.
- Drain the tank everyday to ensure that there is no water in the oil reservoir.
- Change the oil, clean or replace the air cleaner element more often.
Craftsman air compressor problems can be hard to solve sometimes and we hope that we have given you some valuable and helpful information that will improve the situation.